Do you sit at a computer clacking away on the keyboard for hours on end?
Do you feel pain and stiffness kicking in by the end of the day? Perhaps it’s even started to develop from the beginning of the day lately.
Being stuck in front of a computer screen from 9-5 (or even longer these days) is the reality for a lot of people. This can ultimately cause slumps in posture and the tightness and pain associated with these positions: lower back pain, stiffness and aching (or a burning) feeling between the shoulder blades, neck tension and restriction and headaches that can range anywhere from back of the head, one side of the head to the entire head. These pains can be dull and achy with brain fogginess, or sharp shooting pains that travel to the eyes (one or both sides).
Does this sound familiar?
The good news is… we can help!
These are symptoms we help people with daily, and at Naturally Massage & Wellness we are dedicating April and May to OFFICE WORKERS – unsung heroes that keep the world going, tucked conveniently away behind your computer screens… This one’s for YOU!
The 4 things you can do to reduce your pain and help you to function at your best are:
- Stretching – I know this is what everybody advocates and you’re probably sick of hearing everyone say it… but maybe you just don’t know what to do. Coming soon – quick and easy to follow guide to stretching that you can do at your desk to break the cycle of tension and help keep you going through those tough times.
- Strength – Poor posture is developed over time where certain muscles become stronger, tighter and shorter than their balancing pair. Coming soon – a quick, easy to follow and focused guide to strengthening posture for office workers.
- Supplementation – Deficiency can also be causing a tightness build-up in your body, by not providing the body with the essential components required for function. Coming soon – a guide to supplementation for pain and tension relief.
- Massage – When you’re tight, restricted and in pain nothing is worse than battling the day. And nothing is more frustrating than not knowing what to do to relieve the symptoms. Massage is the quickest and easiest way to reduce the tightness in your muscles, increase your mobility, reduce loading on your neck and base of your skull and lift the fog in your brain. We specialise in removing the cause of your pain and restriction and guiding you in a personalised approach to work for you (this one we can deal with right now!).
Office Workers… we got your back… literally – I can hear the groans at my dad joke ;p
During April and May – when you book in 4 massages of any length, you will receive your 4th massage at half price!
Book 4x 30min massages and your 4th 30min massage is 50% off
Book 4x 60min massages and your 4th 60min massage is 50% off… you get the idea
The 4 appointments must be booked in advance for the offer to apply.
With 7 amazing therapists to help you out, we’re ready to give you the help you may desperately need!
Save time click here to Book Online
About me: I am a Remedial Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer and Natural Health practitioner with 20 years’ experience. I am passionate about helping clients to overcome pain and injuries and focus on educating clients to help them regain control of their lives.
1. Did you know that up to 50% of all pharmaceutical medications can cause weight gain? This includes oral contraceptive pills, anti-depressants, beta-blockers, antibiotics, anti-psychotics, epilepsy & diabetes medications.
Certain probiotic strains have been shown to help with weight control.
2. Hypothyroidism can cause weight gain by slowing down your metabolism. A TSH on blood tests of 2 & over indicates that your thyroid is struggling. Many people still have symptoms of an under active thyroid but are on Thyroid medication because the cause isn’t being addressed.
3. One way menopause affects weight is that estrogen levels directly impact bile production & release from the gallbladder. Bile aids in digestion & fat breakdown. A decrease in estrogen also creates a huge problem processing fructose, leading to insulin resistance, high triglycerides & NAFLD (Non alcoholic fatty liver disease).
4. The optimal pH level of your body should be between 7.3-7.4. Too acidic and your digestive & thyroid enzymes can’t work optimally, you can feel tired, achy, constipated & gain weight.
5. Eating high calorie (sweet or fatty) foods to soothe anxiety, stress or depression can lead to weight gain. Identifying emotional or stressful triggers is important.
6. Cortisol is a stress hormone that when released in a large amount affects how your body metabolizes glucose. Over a long time this can lead to insulin resistance, an increase in appetite & changes to fat burning & storage.
7. Chronic Insomnia can slow down your metabolism. Feeling tired can cause poor food choices, increased appetite & changes in cortisol levels (see point 6).
8. A diet high in fructose, grains and processed foods over time can cause Leptin resistance, Insulin resistance, changes in appetite and weight gain/obesity.
9. Not only can low hydrochloric acid & digestive enzymes cause digestive issues like gas, bloating and diarrhea, it can also cause weight gain, especially around the abdomen.
10. Chronic Inflammation affects hunger regulation, metabolism regulating hormones, can cause systemic fluid retention & can be a factor in developing Insulin Resistance.
Using our state of the art VLA Quadscan device, in-house testing, analyzing blood tests & taking a thorough case history, our Naturopaths can help you with resistant weight loss.