The cause of neck tightness, stiffness, pain or limited range of movement can be varied. Common causes of neck pain can be:
- Poor posture: especially when sitting at a desk all day or standing for long periods of time
- Old or non-supportive pillow: especially when pain is on waking
- Incorrect position of computer: either incorrect height or off centre position,
- Repetitive actions: such as looking down for long periods in activities such as sewing, craft, using a phone or tablet, cleaning or cradling the phone between your ear and shoulder
- Incorrect form when lifting weights or exercising.
- Sinus Congestion or Infection: pressure built up in the sinuses can cause recurrent headaches and facial pain
- Stress: Stress contributes to tightness in the neck and shoulders and can cause tension headaches.
Whatever the case may be for you, it is important to identify actions or situations that may be exacerbating your pain and take steps to eliminate or rectify these.
Our experienced practitioners can discuss all aspects of these potential causes and help you target them via stretching, postural adjustment, supplementation and more.
Our therapists use a wide range of techniques when treating headaches and neck pain. These include:
- Myofascial Stretching
- Remedial Massage
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Hot Stone Massage
- Chinese Cupping
Working within your comfort levels, your therapist aims to alleviate pain, increase range of movement of the neck and head and reduce severity and frequency of headaches.
Most neck pain and headache related issue require 30-45 minutes. Click Here to book an appointment today.
Dip. Rem. Massage